Got an innovation with you? Wanna show it to the world? Techexpo is the perfect stage for it. Here you get judged by excpetional proffessionals, who not only judge but also give valuable suggestions to further improve your idea. And beleive it or not some will be slected for mentoring too.Show less ❮
Techniche (The annual Techno-Management festival of IIT Guwahati) now in its 21st edition has taken up the initiative of organising TechExpo, with the cardinal aim of bringing to light the technological advancements made by the youth of this country and provide an opportunity to showcase their innovations on a larger platform. The prime motive is to inspire the young minds in India to engage in creating new ideas and to promote the idea of innovation very much on the lines of Make In India and Startup India.
TechExpo has been initiated with the cardinal aim of bringing to light the technological advancements made by the youth of the country. It provides a platform for students across the nation to showcase their research projects to a plethora of onlookers.TechExpo provides its participants with a unique opportunity to visit IIT Guwahati,and interact with the highly esteemed guests present at Techniche.
This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to interact with some of the most distinguished personalities from across the globe, which includes the likes of Corporate personalities, Researchers, and Nobel Laureates! The level of exposure is unparalleled! (For a full list of speakers who have been a part of Techniche, click here).
This is an incredible opportunity for people with financial restrictions to acquire funding to progress with their research projects!
- Winners get cash prizes worth "3.5 Lakhs"
- Mentorship : Mentorship by IIT Guwahati professors to those projects which they find innovative.
- Travel Reimbursement* to top 20 teams (details given in FAQs).
- Other Prizes : People choice award, Faculty choice award, Best North East award and more.
Host: How It's Made, Discovery Channel.
CTO, Systemantics India.
Research Scientist, NASA.
- All the members of the team are required to register by furnishing proper details.
- Firstly team leader must register and create a team.
- Subsequently, team members of that respective team need to register and join the team by providing the same team name (inclusive of special characters).
- The team leader has to confirm the respective teammates through emails sent to his/her provided email id.
- The TechExpo junior category is targeted towards school students from across the nation. It is an opportunity for school going students to display their projects to the large multitude of people present at the event.
- To be eligible for this category, participants must be under the age of 18 at the time of announcement.
- Participants who turn 18 at the time of submission are eligible to compete.
- The TechExpo senior category is a platform for inquisitive individuals with an unquenchable thirst for science, to get feedback on their research work/DIY projects from highly distinguished personas in the field of science.
- To be eligible for this category, participants must be under the age of 30 at the time of announcement.
- Participants who turn 30 at the time of submission are eligible to compete
There are two rounds in this event
20th January 2019
15th June 2019
Abstract Submission deadline extended till 18th June 2019
End of June 2019
One week time will be given to participants to confirm their arrival at IIT Guwahati.
Beginning of July 2019
29th August-1st September 2019
: Registration Started
: Last day of registration
: Last date of Idea Submission
: Round 1 result declaration (list 1)
: Round 1 result declaration (final list)
: Final Round at IIT Guwahati